Dear Volunteer Family,
We are delighted to send you - our incredible curling volunteers - the information we have been waiting for. Here is the link to sign up! https://volunteer.curling.ca/WMCC2022
1. Past volunteers will receive this link first. https://volunteer.curling.ca/WMCC2022
2. Invitations for “new” volunteers will be posted on web sites and Facebook pages on December 10, 2021.
3. There is no need to send any funds now for the Volunteer uniform. After you have been accepted in January of 2022, you will receive an email request from Reno Tahoe Winter Games with instructions for payment. This info is also in the Terms and Conditions document.
4. We expect you will have questions so feel free to email me at firstname.lastname@example.org or call me on my mobile 415.264.2067.
5. We have set aside a block of rooms exclusively for volunteers at the Orleans Hotel and Casino. This room block will have the lowest rates of any for the curling event. When you are accepted, you will receive instructions and a link to book your accommodations.
When Las Vegas was announced as the host of the 2022 LGT World Men’s Curling Championship, we were eager to get started and have many inquiries from potential volunteers. As you know, the competition begins Saturday, April 2nd and concludes Sunday, April 10th. Once again, the Orleans Hotel Casino and Arena will be the site for the event, its sixth elite curling championship since 2014. That’s a record unmatched in competitive curling history.
All of you who have volunteered in the past are a big reason why the World Curling Federation sought us to host one of the first World Championships scheduled to be waged in front of a live audience. We are thrilled to have been able to step up to the challenge.
We hope you are as excited as we are! It will be awesome to bring our “volunteer family” back together to once again stage a World Championship for which we can all be proud to play a part.
We look forward to welcoming you back to Curling in Las Vegas and wish you all a happy, healthy and peaceful holiday season. Until we see you in Las Vegas, we wish you continued safety and health!